Our Guest Mentors:
Kate Grangard, is currently the CFO and COO of Gehring Group, Florida. Katie is a regular speaker at events on all things ACA and healthcare Legislation, from planning to compliance. Kate has also developed, authored, and delivered over 30 educational and compliance related webinars that have been approved for CPE, GFOA, HRCI, and CLE credit.
Kate’s commitment to advocating public sector has been strong and constant, having visited Washington D.C. to advocate for public sector employers by educating Washington leaders and elected officials on the potential impact of proposed or discussed healthcare related legislation on the public sector. Kate has also served on the Council of Insurance Brokers; the Government Finance Officers Association, and the National Association of health Underwriters.
Kate has a BS in Business Accounting from Fordham University, and also holds both CPA and Certified Global Management Accountant designations. Kate is based out of Jupiter, Florida, USA.
Key Quotes From the Episode:
“There is a value to having values” [04:04]
“[Being valued by having values] it’s not enough to talk about the company’s mission statement but taking on these values, and speaking about them every day and making sure people understand them and don’t deviate from them.” [04:10]
“Finance people, we tend to borrow trouble” [05:54]
(Other resources and how to connect with Kate below).
Get Show Notes and Links in your Inbox!
Key Points From the Episode:
- Explains why there’s value in having values.
- 4 Values that Kate lives by
- 3 great bits of advice on how to get over ourselves
Time Stamped Show Notes
[02:41] – Kate shares on how they keep their key people that provide the most value by having values like the company.
[05:31] – Four values that Kate lived by;
- Don’t borrow trouble
- Don’t be afraid to commit mistakes
- Participate in problem solving
- No finger pointing
[09:04] – The best bits of advice Kate received
- You don’t ask you don’t get
- Evolution not Revolution
- Don’t be the bad guy
[13:46] – Books that Kate recommend to our audience to read.
[18:16] – How best to connect with Kate.
[21:49] – Kate’s parting thoughts on Finance professional platform to influence other people and bring the best out of them.
- “Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap…and Others Don’t” by James C. Collins
- Accelerate: The Science of Lean Software and DevOps: Building and Scaling High Performing Technology Organizations Book by Gene Kim and Nicole Forsgren
- Great Teams: 16 Things High Performing Organizations Do Differently by Don Yaeger
- Originals: How Non-Conformists Move the World Book by Adam Grant
Connect with today’s guest:
- LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kate-grangard-a94b6724/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org